Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Spreading God's Love to Buena Vista

Today we had a 6 am wake up call for breakfast. We had to be up before 6 in order to leave at 7 for Buena Vista. Buena Vista is two hours away from where we are staying in Guatemala City. The drive was fun and we played games during the long journey. I sat in the back of the van where Betsy ended up getting invloved in a tickle war between Cesar and Sandra. Once we arrived in Buena Vista, we set up for the worship service in the morning. We set up stools and the microphone for the worship. The medical tent was set up and we got called up to introduce ourselves to the people. I was a little nervous, but when I went down the walkway, you could feel the love in the room.
After the service ended, some of us went on house visits. These visits consist of us going and asking a family what we can pray for them. The first house asked us to pray for her daughter that had a cankersore in her mouth. Then we walked to Rudy's family house. These visit stuck out to me because I read from Deuteronomy 31:6 which, explained how God will always be with us and will never leave or forsake us. I wanted his mom to know that no matter what worries she had for her son ,God will always be there. We prayed that God will help to heal Rudy and his stomach problems and that these familes will both be in our prayers. After the house visits, Kevin took us to a bridge that was built on top of discarded railroad tracks. It was great getting to look and be surrounded by God's creation.
The faith lessons went well. The kids loved the skit and the message it pointed out. The lesson was amazing because you could see God's love working through all of us. The love and smiles that I was given made me feel great because even though I don't understand Spanish,love sees no language barriers. I loved helping out with the snack and being able to tell the kids thank you in Spanish. I really didn't want to leave Buena Vista and I will remeber everyone that we met. My prayers will be with all of the familes when we leave Guatemala. I loved the two hour trip there and back. These experience will always stay with me and it taught me to just be more open.

Alanna

No comments:

Post a Comment