Friday, May 22, 2015

Emotionally, from the beginning to the end!

I can't believe that today is already Friday! The week is over and we only have 8 hours before we have to be ready to leave the house, crazy! I knew from the beginning that today was going to be a roller coaster  ride, with it being our last day here. First, we had devotions lead by Carlos. He talked about having God in our lives everyday and how God works through us. We then had the choice to go to the coffee roasting place or the Mayan Runis. I chose to go to the Mayan Runis. We went with Sandra and Carlos, they taught us a lot about the different things that I didn't know about the Mayans. One interesting thing was that there were people having fires for sacrifices. It was really cool to see how other people worship. We came back and had lunch made by the wonderful Ginny. She has made lots of wonderful food for us all week, she is such a blessing. After lunch, we had faith lessons here at the house. It was not that many kids, but had such a wonderful time with all of them. All week being able to share the word of Christ with kids and explain it in a way that they could relate was such an amazing thing for me.  I can't speak much Spanish, so the fact that I could relate to them in other ways that I didn't know at first, was so amazing. I was able to interact with them though hand motions and using the very little Spanish I know. After we had faith lessons, we had to say good bye to the Guatemalan Missionaries. It was so hard to say good bye to them because I feel that I know them better than someone that I have know for years. I started crying at one point because they are such an amazing group of people that love God so much. They also know so much about God and the Bible that it blows me away. After saying bye, we had the surprise of having pizza for dinner. At dinner we were talking about the week and how it has changed our lives. I really didn't even know why I chose to go on this trip at first, all I knew is that God was calling me to go. I know now that dthere are several reasons that I came on this trip. One was that to see a different experience of life that I have never known and that I know will change my life forever. I now don't want to leave and wish I could stay here and be with the kids forever, but I know that this is not possible. I know though that I will be putting more effort into changing some habits when I return back to the states. One of them being, to read my Bible more. Being in the word is something that I can't get enough of and would love to do that more. I know that most of us are excited, but sad to be going home, but are excited to reunite with our loved ones. Many of us said that we will just stay up since we have to be up and ready at 3:15 a.m.  Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow (or later today).

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment